Monday, March 9, 2015

Closed For Renovation



Hi.

If you're visiting my blog looking for a new Create52 entry or a post where I share some of my writing or music, then I'm afraid I owe you an apology. Because there isn't one today. And there won't be one again for the forseeable future.

I'm stepping away from my blog.

I need to take some times to re-evaluate and refocus on the things that are really priorities in my life, and I'm afraid that writing and blogging are not at the top of the list. Things like my wife and my family and my faith are.

I realized this past week that there are some things askew in my life and I need to correct them  -- like when I was sick and let some important things slide and yet still felt that my blog and a Create52 post was somehow a priority. It's really not. My writing and music-making are just hobbies, and my blog was intended as a way just to share some of the output of those hobbies.  That's all.

So for now, I'm taking some time to shed the extra clutter in my life, so that I can refocus on the things that really are priorities to me. And my blog is part of the clutter.

If you've been a visitor to this blog, please don't feel that I think you're not important -- it's not that. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to visit and comment and take part in the things I've shared here.

And someday I may post here again.  I know I'll keep writing at some level, and I'll still play and make music. But not for a while.  And when I do again, they are going to take their rightful position as much, much lower priorities in my life.

In the meantime, I thank you again for taking the time to stop and visit, and I wish you all the best.


15 comments:

  1. That's all right, Chris. You have your priorities in order. Take time for what matters. We will miss you though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And shoot me an email so we can keep in touch - alexjcavanaugh AT earthlink.net

      Delete
  2. GgC ~
    I echo Alex: I am definitely going to miss you because you were one of my favorite bloggers and I always enjoyed checking out your latest creation. (Always dug the cool music you recorded!)

    But I admire you for recognizing that you needed to re-prioritize things in your life and are acting upon that. And nobody knows better'n I do how much time blogging can steal from more important aspects of our lives.

    Best wishes to ya, Buddy. I sincerely hope to hear from you again someday.

    Bless and be blessed!

    ~ D-FensDogg
    'Loyal American Underground'

    ReplyDelete
  3. You already know how I feel. Do what's right for you! The blog will still be here if you ever feel like returning...and so will we. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Priorities first! Your posts will be missed. However your life is most important, I wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got a good handle on things, Chris, and I wish you all the best. Come back and see us some time, brother!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finding the right balance is hard. Harder to still to give up things you love for the Bigger Things You Need. When it's all sorted out, you'll be back on a schedule that actually works for you. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All my best wishes, and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My hat is off to you Good Sir. I will certainly miss your music and your writing but you my friend, seem to have your priorities in order.

    I've had the feeling that you were trying to back away from this addiction called blogging for some time now, but like a lot of us, just couldn't quite get the 'monkey off your back'. I applaud your courage to take the first step and keep yourself in line. There are better and more fulfilling ways to feed our 'other addictions' (feel free to read writing, music, and conversation) in the REAL WORLD as opposed to living it out in this virtual one,

    May all the best come to you and your family. I'm sure they will be glad to have the time you spent here, devoted to them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will miss your create52 series but I applaud your decision. It's so easy to lose track of what's important. Go, put things back in order. I wish you well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm saddened to hear this, but that's because I enjoyed visiting your posts. But I can understand the issue of priorities. You gotta do what is most important and a blog is no good substitute for family and health. I wish you well and hope we do see you again here eventually.

    I'll miss you.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chris, I totally understand where you're coming from, but just know this when ever or if ever you decide to pick things up again, your blogging buds won't be hard to find. Your family is top priority. Make time to take time to do what's most important and everything else will fall into place as it should. You'll be missed, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I completely understand what you mean. Sometimes, it's just a huge challenge to keep things balanced and all that helps is to step back.

    Be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Always important to step back and prioritize. Stay sharp! :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy -- feel free to comment. I really appreciate your thoughts.