Friday, September 27, 2013

A New Blog!



Hi!  Welcome to my new blog!

I'm glad you're here.  But please pardon the dust -- the place is still under heavy construction.

If you are looking for my old, long-neglected writing blog, I'm afraid I have to tell you that it's been retired.  It was a blog that I used only for topics related to my writing, and I have to confess that I haven't done much writing over the last year.  Frankly, it was feeling ridiculous to have an inactive blog focusing on something I wasn't really doing.

So it's gone...

But if you're dying to visit it, you still can. It's just been moved to another URL (OLDstratplayerCJF.blogspot.com) and you can get there either from the list of blogs under my Blogger profile or by clicking HERE. It will stay on Blogger for the foreseeable future, but it will no longer be updated.

Well... not that it was getting updated much, anyway, right?

And so now this will be my new blog!

Which I will use to showcase and discuss my writing.  

No, really. I'm serious.  Any updates, samples, or issues related to my writing that I want to post will be here.  Because I do still write.  A little, and someday more.  I'm not walking away from writing -- I still want to create fiction and get published and all that.  I'm just willing to admit that I not doing nearly enough of it -- especially not enough to warrant a whole blog dedicated to the topic.

Plus, I  have OTHER creative outlets that I'd like to share and discuss in this blog.

Like my guitar -- I've played it for about 40 years, off and on.  I truthfully haven't done a tremendous amount of it for the last four or five years, but I've recently restarted with a vengeance.  I've joined the rotation and am playing with the worship team at church (and it's an amazing group of musicians), and am really wood-shedding hard to get the dust off my chops.

So this blog will have a definite musical bent, as well as a literary one.

And I dabble in photography.  Visit here and I'm sure you'll see some posts related to that.  You might even see a drawing every now and then. Or...  who knows?  I'm keeping it open.  If it's creative, I'm not ruling anything out.

Interpretive dance?  Hmmm...   OK, maybe not that....

But we'll see. ;)

So thanks for stopping by. I look forward to getting this blog set up and running over as soon as possible, and I'm planning on posting at least once or twice a week. I hope you'll come back and visit often!



4 comments:

  1. A brand new blog, that's exciting! Writing AND music! I'm looking forward to checking in frequently, as I've always enjoyed your commentaries on the WRiTE CLUB bouts over at DL's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Chris! Yes, let's share some guitar stories and knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Starting a new blog must be exciting! I always wanted to learn to play the guitar. Maybe one day I still will. It's never too late.

    I'm looking forward to whatever you have to share with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @R.T.: Thanks! I appreciate that. I hope you enjoy what you find here. :)

    @Alex: Absolutely! And we should jam together, too! I've got a great way to do that. I'll tell you in a future post. :)

    @L.G.: No -- it's never too late! And I tell myself that when it comes to this writing thing, too, LOL! I hope you enjoy visiting!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy -- feel free to comment. I really appreciate your thoughts.